Sunday, August 8, 2010

When to send out a prosperity letter - How to stand out

Twice a year I send out a physical and email letter to each of my family members, clients, friends and colleagues to update them on the news from my business, quick personal happenings with me and my family as well as sending some referrals to my business colleagues. I call this my prosperity letter. I send out my letters in February and July, off times of the year so that my letter will not be one of the 100's of holiday cards received by everyone else.   Its important that your letter not just be a sales pitch and it should include something personal. You are not just a business owner but a person with family and hobbies. See my sample letter below:

=======================
Dear Tonya,

Happy Valentine's Day ! I wanted to thank you for being my client and sending business our way this year. You are the very heart of our business. Just a quick update on news from TD Gift Solutions and my family.

The economy has not slowed sales for TD Gift Solutions and we have been able to make some great new business connections and colleagues through our sales. For 2010 we have been heavily involved with the Jordan Area Women in Business group by serving on the board and participating in charity events related to Chef & Child and scholarships for local girls planning to start their own business. Lastly my son Brandon is in his last semester of school to become a chef, (I'm looking forward to gourmet meals when I'm old and retired, :o).

I really believe in the power of referrals, and so to give back to those who help make my business successful I make sure to refer my clients, friends, family and associates to other qualified business people in the community. Attached is a list of areas in which I know very credible, ethical and outstanding professionals. If you’re looking for a professional in a specific area that I’ve listed, please feel free to contact me. I will be glad to put you in touch with the people I know who provide these services.

=============================

My prosperity letter would include a list of businesses I have contact or access to (the names and contact information would not be included in this letter). The goal is to put my business colleagues into contact with legit referrals and not just pass the name of their business around.

No comments:

Post a Comment